- The borrower must be over 18 years old and prove their identity with a valid photo ID when making the contract.
- The borrower commits to tending to the borrowed bike and supplies and will compensate for all possible damages done to the bike or its disappearance (Note! Home insurance usually covers damages and theft of also borrowed belongings, so the borrower should check the terms of their home insurance and whether it is still valid).
- The borrower is responsible for the appropriate use of the bike and locking it.
- The borrower is responsible for their own safety as well as the safety of the ones they carry. The Finnish laws and regulations concerning traffic must be followed when driving the bike.
- The borrower should inform about possible damage done to the bike immediately (045 320 6540 / JAPA ry, or 0400 274 209 / Matara lobby services). In the event of a traffic accident, the police should be contacted to draw up a report on the accident.
- The staff at JAPA ry and at Matara lobby services have the right to refuse to borrow a bike based on their own judgment (for example, if the bike is in need of repair or it is broken, or if the borrower is not fit to drive).
- Note! The bike should be returned with its battery fully charged, if possible.
- On the starting date of the reservation the bike is available from 2 pm onwards. The bike should be picked up at least 30 minutes before the lobby closes (from Mondays to Thursdays by 17.30 and on Fridays by 16.30). On the last date it should be returned by 12. If the bike is returned late or the reservation is not cancelled beforehand, later borrowing will be banned.
What can be transported with the bikes?
- More people than what the bike is built to carry may not be transported with the bike.
- Only a person over 18 years old can transport children and goods with the bikes.
- Transported children should be able to sit without support.
- Shop’s box bicycles (Leevi, Lyyli and Ludvig) can carry either one child up to 10 years old, or two children up to six years old, or a cargo weighing up to 50 kg. The maximum capacity of the box is 50 kg.
- Shop’s box tricycle (Hertta) can carry either one child up to 10 years old, or two children up to six years old, and a cargo weighing up to 50 kg. The maximum capacity of the box is 100 kg.
- Shop’s freight bicycle (Lempi) can carry a cargo weighing up to 50 kg and a maximum of two children in the child seats available to the bike:
- in the front seat (Bobike mini) a child from 9 months to 3 years old, maximum weight 15 kg
- in the back seat (Bobike maxi) a child from 9 months to 6 years old, maximum weight 22 kg
- Shop’s trailer (Lasse) can carry two children up to six years old (maximum height 117 cm) and its cargo compartment can fit goods weighing up to 5 kg. The maximum capacity of the trailer is 45 kg. Only children who can sit without support can be transported in the trailer.
NOTICE! CARGO BIKES ARE EXPENSIVE, DRIVE CAREFULLY!